Peevish Pen

Ruminations on reading, writing, genealogy and family history, rural living, retirement, aging—and sometimes cats.

© 2006-2023 All rights reserved

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rural Virginia, United States

I'm an elderly retired teacher who writes. Among my books are Ferradiddledumday (Appalachian version of the Rumpelstiltskin story), Stuck (middle grade paranormal novel), Patches on the Same Quilt (novel set in Franklin County, VA), Them That Go (an Appalachian novel), Miracle of the Concrete Jesus & Other Stories, and several Kindle ebooks.

Friday, June 08, 2007

Too many books

. . . so little time. Not only will I be busy promoting Cup of Comfort for Writers in August and September, but I'll first promote More Peevish Advice in late June and most of July.

Granted, the two books have very different readerships. Plus, More Peevish Advice, is a print-on-demand book, so bookstores won't carry it. Most of my promotion will be from readings that I do as Ida B. Peevish (of Ida's Salon of Beauty & Live Bait Shop) and most of the sales will be at Smith Mountain Lake area gift shops.

Remember a few posts ago that I wasn't happy with the proof copy cover? Well, I like this one a lot better, so I'll sign the proof approval form and mail it in.



It'll be a couple of months before More Peevish Advice shows up on Amazon.com, but copies will be available from Infinity Publishing in a week or so. Plus I'll have a some copies soon.

Right after you finish reading More Peevish Advice, A Cup of Comfort for Writers should be available. That you'll be able to get in a bookstore.

Speaking of bookstores, I've already talked to a couple of bookstore managers about doing a signing of Cup of Comfort. Stay tuned for updates.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Hanek said...

Be careful of what you wish for...

5:10 PM  
Blogger CountryDew said...

Good going! You are doing very well.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home